The sun’s out which can only mean one thing – it’s barby time! Week beginning May 29th 2018 has been branded as National BBQ Week – 7 whole days officially dedicated to our national pastime of summer which involves the joyful gas-fuelled or charcoal grilling of meat, veggies and fish. Dust off your tongs and head down to the petrol station for some coal. Unfold the deckchairs, invite all the neighbours round, start marinating your meat and cooling the beer. It’s BBQ time!
The Quattro Foods team is fully committed to the spirit of the season by concocting a collection of spicy, tangy and tasty BBQ sauces and marinades for meat, fish and veg.
As one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers we cater to every taste. Our products are distributed to leading high street chains, individual restaurants, schools, universities and food service providers, as well as many food retailers, and therefore end up being consumed by, well, just about everyone! And so we cater for every taste and every palette. With Summer in store, we are excited to start taking barbecue orders from customers who can’t wait to get grilling.
Some of our most popular BBQ sauces are listed here, with a sneaky peek into the ingredients that make them so flavoursome.
- BBQ Carolina Sauce – A tangy blend of cider vinegar, ketchup, sugar, molasses, mustard, soy sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and a pinch ground black pepper.
- BBQ Hickory Sauce – Made from ketchup, sugar, garlic, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, barbecue spice and pepper.
- BBQ Kansas Sauce – Garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, paprika, red pepper, allspice and cloves, combined.
- BBQ Ketchup – A spicy variation of the iconic red sauce.
- BBQ Louisiana Sauce – Tasty and colourful and made from red onions, bell pepper, jalapeños, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, molasses, paprika, chili powder and oregano.
- BBQ Tennessee Sauce – Deliciously combined ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, mustard, celery seed and salt.
Each BBQ sauce embodies Quattro’s commitment to amazing taste.
BBQ means mountains of meat to most people but increasingly, as vegetarianism and veganism become more popular, a Sunday afternoon over a smoking grill invokes images and aromas of bright, fresh and colourful salads and veg.
And do we cater for the veggie barbecue lovers? Of course we do! Garlic puree can be mixed into melted butter and spread on toasted pitta; Balsamic, French, Italian and 1000 Island dressings are perfect for making salads sparkle, and our fresh summer fruit compote makes for a sweet dessert.
Other sauces that work brilliantly for marinating meat with a bit of a kick in preparation for the hot grill include our tangy shakshuka and turmeric sauces. The red pepper dipping sauce is always a winner when laid out next to the crudités.
So barbecue away – and have a happy, sunny and tasty day!