It’s that time again! That sweet spot that pops up just as winter is nearing its closing weeks and spring is tantalisingly close. That day when everyone has full permission to indulge in the sweetest, most delicious of desserts. It’s the day the humble pancake takes centre stage as a culinary superstar for one day only (unless you have them every Sunday morning which is a practice we at Quattro Foods heartily support).
Whether you’re a sweet-toothed pancake fan or prefer a simple or savoury filling, the team at Quattro Foods has got just what you need. Check out our delicious range of sauces and fillings, there’s something to suit every taste.
We’re crazy for caramel at Quattro Foods
Caramel’s not the only way to make a pancake sing, but it’s the fabulous flavour we’ve decided to focus on today, particularly as our talented and creative chefs have been working so hard on this heavenly range. Sugar rush got you? Salty flavours more your thing? Explore our range of unique, mouth-watering caramel sauces that will enhance every pancake and make your day even more delectable, delicious and distinctive.
- Caramel sauce – it’s a classic, you can’t go wrong.
- Smoked caramel sauce – sweet sauce with a smoky twist – go on, try it.
- Himalayan pink salted caramel – made with a salt that’s finer in quality and purity, it’s simply scrumptious.
- Gingerbread caramel sauce – tastes a little bit like Christmas. Wrong season, we know, but is there ever a bad time for gingerbread?
- Lemongrass caramel sauce – this sauce goes really well with meat, ribs in particular. But try it on your pancakes too, you’ll love it, you know you will.
- Liquorice caramel sauce – tangy, strong, overwhelmingly delicious, it’s a heavenly sensation.
We’re very well organised here in the UK, and we’ve made sure that Pancake Day comes around just in time for Lent. From sugar high to zero intake – it’s a tough transition but always worth the effort. What will you be giving up this year? Considering a move to veganism? Or a plant-based trial period? If you’d like to give up meat, fish and dairy but love your pancakes, here’s a recipe for a healthier vegan alternative.
Vegan pancakes – the recipe
- 400g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 500ml oat or almond milk
- A spray of oil for cooking
Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla. Pour in the milk, still whisking, until you get a smooth, thick batter. Heat a little spray of oil in a pan over a medium heat, and drop a large spoonful of batter into the pan at a time, in batches. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and keep cooking until golden on both sides. Serve with one of our caramel sauces, maple syrup, banana slices, berries or even some sweet vegan chocolate sauce.
Happy Pancake Day!