Our favourite week of the year is here! Seven whole days dedicated to delicious and nutritious food – what’s not to love? At Quattro Foods we’re excited about celebrating Healthy Eating Week which starts on June 14th. Set up by the British Nutrition Foundation to help the British public find their healthiest selves, the initiative encourages everyone to eat amazing food and feel fabulous. We’re on board – tell us more!
Taking everyone on a healthy eating journey, the organisation aims to encourage the great British public to think about their lifestyles and be mindful of what they eat and how active they are and come up with ways of improving their eating habits, even in small ways. Really small changes can make a massive difference.
Imagine switching sugary cereal and white toast with muesli, yoghurt and fruit for breakfast. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it? It’s not only tasty but it will keep you full till lunchtime. The problem with carbs is they turn to sugar super fast, which gives you a spike and then you ‘crash’ which feels like hunger. And then you reach for a biscuit and the cycle continues. Try a low-carb breakfast, you’ll love the taste and feel energised.
Another tip is to drink at least 2 litres of water a day, which our thirsty bodies crave. It can help stave off hunger too, and curtail that snacking habit.
This year’s ‘find your healthier you’ message is supported by five themes:
- Know the facts. Imparting information, offering sensible and evidence-based advice and busting food myths.
- Make a healthier choice. Top tips and strategies to help everyone make healthier food and drink decisions.
- Plan for success. Help in the kitchen – how to plan healthy menus for the whole family.
- Be the chef. Bring on the cooking lessons! Ever wondered how to prepare a healthy and delicious vegetable curry or sweet potato mash? The Healthy Eating Week team has put together their favourite recipes that are simple and tasty. Are you a Masterchef in the making? Watch this space!
- Keep moving. Being healthy is not only about making the right choices with food. It’s equally important to be active. Exercise is good for you and can make you really happy too. Heard of endorphins? Take it from us, it’s worth working up a sweat to feel the joy afterwards. And if you can’t face group exercise or using gym equipment in an indoor or pressurised setting, take yourself out for a lovely brisk walk and clear your head. Fresh air works wonders for mental and physical health.
As one of the leading food producers and manufacturers in the UK, at Quattro Foods we take our commitment to feeding the nation seriously. And we don’t mean simply feeding you to quench your hunger, we mean satisfying you with delicious and diverse food choices across restaurants, food service providers, wholesale and retail outlets. We also mean ensuring that whilst you’re consuming our delicious fare you’re looking after your health. Using the freshest locally sourced ingredients in our nut-free factory, we create healthy, wholesome and delicious cuisine for everyone.